Sunday 8 April 2012

I am enough

The second week of fallout... P texting and basically telling me I am a piece of shit...

I am a work in progress.
I am a good person.
I am learning from my mistakes.

I got a gift.  The other woman messaged me on facebook and she thanked me.  And it came right when the vile comments from P were coming fast and furious and I was trying to not respond.  It was a gift for two reasons.  It helped me let go of the toxic garbage being hurled at me.  And it also gave me an opportunity to make an amend to her.

I am not sorry that she knows the truth.  And that is what I did - I told the truth.  I am no longer a secret.  But making sure she would find out for my own selfish reasons was wrong.

I'm working on a new step 4 focused on this last toxic relationship - what is in me that still is drawn to these people, that allows me to let them treat me disrespectfully?  And I am entirely ready to let this relationship go...

2 comments:

  1. My blood is boiling from just the thought of what stresses he has given you.
    Come - on, where is that anger in you. We all have it, that little pot of rotting black stink - the one that flairs up when you realize you have been taken advantage of or stolen from? Lets focus this - harness the power of this little pot and tell this Puss Face where to go!
    Pretend you are me, and tell this jerk off, and block his number!! Block his Facebook, block his email - heck, lets see is you can press charges!!
    As always, I love you, and you have my support.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've worked very hard to rid myself of resentments... and I also know that I have some part in all this too --- I needed to let go a long time ago.

    As they say, holding onto resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die...

    ReplyDelete