Saturday 14 April 2012

I am beautiful

A young man bought me a drink and we flirted.  I told my friend I knew it wasn't going anywhere but it felt good to feel like an attractive woman.  She said, "You ARE an attractive woman."

Isn't it amazing how we forget our own worth so quickly and turn to others for validation.  For two weeks P told me I was a piece of shit, and I felt like a piece of shit.  And in one night a stranger told me I was a beautiful, amazing woman and so I felt beautiful and amazing.

For today I will remember that I am beautiful.  I am amazing.  I am anything I want to be and I can tell myself instead of relying on others.  I am responsible.

2 comments:

  1. So true - I think we all tend to listen to the negative far more and for some reason believe the negative more easily then we do the positive.
    If you ever forget you are beautiful, just look in the mirror as you are and always have been stunning. I find the more attractive a woman is - when she is with the wrong man, the more he will try to make her feel like a piece of shit.
    We come from the same gene pool - we are all hotties. HA HA - bad hair days do not count against us!! Like that time I let you cut my hair to look like Kiefer Sutherland from Lost Boys... ... HAHA HA It seemed like a good idea at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol - yes, I really was too young to be taking care of you... I'm surprised you and our brother survived childhood... it was a good thing I left for University hahaha

    And you are so right about those wrong men. When someone has that low self esteem they work so hard to make sure yours is even lower.

    ReplyDelete